1 cupUrad dal
3 Green chilies chopped
8 to 10 Sweet neem
1 tsp Ginger
Salt as per taste
1 tsp Jeera
Oil for frying
- Clean ,wash and soak the urad dal for at least 2 hour.
- Drain the water add the green chilies ,sweet neem ,ginger, jeera , salt and blend in a mixer to a smooth batter, adding little water.
- Then mix it properly and divide the mixture into 8 equal portions keep aside.
- Wet your hand.
- Take a portion of the mixture in your hand.
- Make a hole in the center with the thumb.
- Heat oil in a pan upturn your hand and drop the wada in oil.
- Deep fry the wada till both sides turn golden brown in color.
- Repeat with the remaining batter to make 7 more medu wadas.
- Serve hot coconut chutney and sambhar.