- 1 cup Urad dal .
- 3 cups Par-boiled rice (ukda chawal).
- 1/2 tsp fenugreek (methi) seeds.
- Salt to taste.
- Oil for greasing.
- Soak the urad dal and fenugreek seeds
together in enough water for 3 hours and
- Soak the rice in enough water for 3 hours and
- Blend the urad dal and fenugreek seeds
together in a mixer till smooth and frothy (add
water little by little as required ) remove and
- Blend the rice in a mixer till smooth. Remove
and keep aside.
- Combine the urad dal paste and rice paste
together in a bowl and cover and keep aside
to ferment overnight.
- Once the batter is fermented add salt to the
batter and mix well.
- Put spoonfuls of the batter into greased idli
moulds and steam for 10 to 12 minutes.
- Repeat with the remaining batter to make
more idlis. Serve hot with fried coconut
Go Back To Home.
like us on Facebook!
Subscribe us on YouTube.